5.21.2012

Purrplexity 12: Prod. Push. Shove.


There are just those moments when I question my credibility.  I don't know, sometimes I feel frustrated I haven't exactly followed the 'normal' path.  I could have graduated years ago with a degree in Literature and I could have landed a job somewhere in Iloilo.  It was never meant to be.

I mean, really? Undergraduate and unemployed for a long, long time?  There are times when I honestly feel jealous of the people whose successes are measured the traditional way (a diploma, a career and a regular salary).  I do not undermine their situations, I just sometimes wonder what if I chose that kind of stability?  What if I achieve owning a property and a car by working with the stability of a regular paycheck?

They say I'm lucky and I really am, to tell you.  And not without gratitude.  They always see the positive results of my being shamelessly lucky.  I secretly feel uncomfortable with the dependence on luck and the generosity of the people who love me.  I am grateful for the occasional shortcuts, do not get me wrong.  There are really times that I do not have to go through the extra miles and the extra lengths to get to where I want to be and to do what I want to do..  But independence and hardwork are two things which make the fruits taste so sweet.  I cannot always rely on these awesome shortcuts.  I will be honest, the sense of fulfillment is different when I work towards reaching it.  The good values are heightened and deepened.

Yes, I'm a good person, generally speaking and being one does gain points and favors in this dog-eat-dog world.  But... I don't want my security to be limited to or to be based on that aspect of being a good person alone.  I am strangely insecure where it does not and should not even count.  Because the very nature of my dreams and choices have always been and will always be -- unorthodox.

So.  For my life to be effective, the Universe apparently designed my blueprint with hints of 'insanity' and diskarte.  Sometimes, people ask me about the nature of my 'work'.  If I were to answer as honestly and as simply as I could, I’d say it’s quite similar to the nature of my dreams.  There has to be imagination, creativity and that strange yearning for movement in any form.

I have my family, few good friends and few true-blue-honest-to-goodness-artists I've worked with who could probably attest to that ounce of truth that I have THE potential.  I would have to consciously stop the fear from growing - the fear of being unable to deliver.  Or else I would have a thousand imagined reasons to break my heart.



I don't like being mediocre, being stuck and not growing (artistically speaking).  A note to myself: It's a matter of good stewardship.

No comments:

Post a Comment